Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Thursday 27 September 2012

Hexagon quilt progress

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my new followers. I got so excited when I saw it had leapt up to 41!

Not a lot to report at the moment as I've been crafting for the for a new travelling box that will go round a few of us in the UK. It's just a very small one but should be a bit of fun in the run up to the festive season. I've made 6 things and I plan to do another 6 or so before I post the box out in a couple of weeks. I have almost everything I need to do the last few things so all I need to do is order a few beads. Guess what I'll be doing after next!!! You can't beat a bit of stash shopping. As a bit of a teaser here are most of the bits I need to do these projects...Can you guess what I'll be making?

Mystery stash
The only thing I have to show you is the progress on my hexagon quilt. It has grown a fair bit. I've not done any for a couple of weeks with the travelling box stuff. I have been buying fabric though. It's fair to say I have an addiction :-) A friend gave me some vintage Laura Ashley fabric last week, mostly in muted colours but sometimes you need something to tone down areas so it will work well.
I love that I have fabric from different people so the quilt is telling a story and everyone seems to have their favourite hexagon in the quilt...What's yours? I love the lime green and white flowers one and of course James the red engine as Thomas Tank Engine is huge in our house and I've crafted a lot of Thomas stuff.


Well just a short post from me today, But please do still leave me a comment on the quilt or just say hello. xx

12 comments:

  1. Yumy stash..me thinking what you going to make with the lovely goodies ..something related to Christmas I think :)
    Quilt is going on well
    Big hugs cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pink ladybird and the owl on your quilt. Can't wait to see what you do with the christmassy stuff, you always make such lovely things x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks Janet, The owl is cute isn't he!

      Delete
  3. It's got to be the union jack fabric for me, that's fabulous!!! You're making great progress. And I definitely agree that you need some lighter pieces in between all the bright colours! And there's the giraffe fabric that I sent you! I knew those little pieces would come in handy for something :-) Fabulous stash, I'm excited about the travelling box! I'd better get making!!! Hope you're wrist is feeling better, love Lxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still rather sore so I'm amending my christmas makes a little so it's not quite so intensive as my original plan. The box will still be great though -I hope. I love the union jack too. I've got some fab London fabric to use too.

      Delete
  4. The quilt is looking amazing! Love all of the fabric.The crowns are nice and the spotty,the little owl is very sweet too. I'm guessing you are making something beautiful with all of that stash. I used the exact same wool to make my acorns ^_^
    happy hugs for you
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph, It's a nice wool, not bad for a cheap one. There are about 8 projects to do there, some small a few a little larger, and as first recipient of the box, you'll get first look!

      Delete
  5. I just realised I don't follow you yet! You're on my list so I'm not sure how I missed you.

    So pleased to see you stitching Cucki's Travelling Pattern. I was the 2nd person to stitch it. It's great to see it moving on round the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Jo! Loved stitching the travelling pattern, although I really ought to take it off the kitchen table and frame it!

      Delete
  6. You quilt is looking amazing! I am making one too at the moment :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, Looking forward to seeing your quilt Jordan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)