Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness August

Hey folks,

In an attempt to get back on track with the blogging and not post 3 posts in 48 hours again, I'm preparing my GG post now! Thank you to everyone who commented on those posts and I'm sorry I haven't responded to everyone.

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo and I'm sure you all know all about it by now!


August has been good to me so far with 6 finishes and big progress on 2 others, but here are my GG finishes, Apologies now, they all fit at least 2 other SAL's so expect to see them again and again!

Tea and cakes 14ct - Finished
Fabric and border floss were gifts and the chart was a free design from Lakeside Needlecraft by Durene Jones. The backstitch was a killer!


Anchor Sampler - Finished
A gift from my In laws and finished on 28th July after 3 years.


Mill Hill Squirrelly - Finished
A gift from Steph and finished this week. It just needs cutting out and a magnet adding.


So on to progress - I was really struggling with motivation for the Maia Giraffe Silhouette that my Mum brought me at least 5 years ago. I love the design, it's not hard but 550 black stitches took it's toll and I decided that I'd do 50 stitches a day so I would have a finish by the end of the year, anyhow, I picked it up yesterday to put in my 50 stitches on the black and thought might as well finish the row it's only another 32 stitches, that leaves me with 1 more row of black and odd ones on the row above that. By the end of the row, I was actually enjoying it and just carried on! I actually got 500 stitches done yesterday! So my plan is to do a week on it and then rotate it. My aim is to have all the full crosses done as about 2/3 of the piece are half stitches so that is about 1600-1800 full stitches to do this week - basically all the black and 3 shades of brown in the bottom third.


Will the 900 ish stitches on the tree be a stitch to far?
Will the quarter stitches be a fraction too much?
Will the 3 shades at the bottom brown our intrepid stitcher off?

Tune in to the next exciting episode to find out!  


Happy stitching friends, see you for Theme-Tas-Stitch next week.


12 comments:

  1. So rewarding to add more to the finished pile! Love the giraffes, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finishes and your wip is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. You are just plain contrary! "I'll do 50 stitches and then stop." 500 stitches later...
    It is a gorgeous piece though so I'm glad you have renewed enthusiasm for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maia Giraffes are soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun stitches!! The squirrel is just too cute! I love your other stitching too, but the giraffe silhouette it just gorgeous!! I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next exciting update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 3 finishes. How do you do it, say 50 and do 500 stitches? Love the Giraffe Silhouette , never seen this before on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet GG post with lots of finishes. And wonderful to see your progress on the giraffe silhouette. That's a really great design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stitching Kerry. I enjoyed all of your finishes. Your sampler is gorgeous! RJ @stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  9. All great finishes and your progress on the Giraffe Silhouette is coming along beautifully!
    And hopefully no, to all your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the next instalment of your giraffe saga... its lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on all the finishes! That's fantastic stitching. Lovely start on the giraffes too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)