Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Thursday 22 November 2012

A very random post

I tend to keep an ongoing list of stuff I need to blog about on my home screen otherwise I would totally forget what I needed to tell you all. This is one of those posts where I try and show you all the odd bits.

Firstly my amazing brooch that I commissioned the fabulous Steph to make. I wear alot of blue and green but I didn't have a hand crafted brooch to wear with it. Steph has been making these wild women and when I saw her swaddling sister I knew I'd love one in blues and greens so here it is. Not the best picture, granted, but here never the less.


Next up is a  make I did yesterday for a friend, She said she'd never had a handmade gift so I RAK'd her one. This was also another start for my 101/1001 so thats good too. It's rather simular to the one Laura made me for my birthday, which she said she had the idea from me so I guess it's come full circle. Anyhoo I hope my friend likes it as she hasn't recieved yet and occasionally reads my blog, so I won't say too much more. The biscornu pattern is an old CSC one I think.


A few things to update my 101 too are another book has been read - Jake Humphrey's F1 book - The Inside Track. I had it for my birthday and read it in 3 days! I've joined Steph's 50 book challenge so that counts as number 1 too! I also did 2 Operation Christmas Child boxes, but forgot to take a pic of them before I sent them off. They were an absolute joy to do and the kids liked helping too.

I went to the German Christmas market in Birmingham last Saturday and had a wonderful day. I went with my pal Sarah and her family for her Mums birthday. We had  hot choc with baileys and cream and felt thoroughly sick after (but so worth it!) I brought a couple of Christmas decorations and bits and pieces. It was well worth braving the crowds for. I'll try and sort a couple of pictures for my next post.

Laura received the Christmas box today so I'll share my makes tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by.

Kerry. xx

6 comments:

  1. wow i love the brooch so much..it is so pretty and so different..
    beautiful gift for your friend..
    big hugs cucki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh you've been busy! Love the brooch and the gift for your friend is gorgeous. Christmas markets are great aren't they? We're off to the Manchester one next week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brooch! So beautiful :D and the mini biscornu keyring is super cute :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the B'ham xmas market!!! I haven't been yet this year. Nice little brooch & fantastic biscornu! I'm sure your friend will love it (I know I would :)). Mii, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous biscornu, I'm sure your friend will love it! Fabulous brooch, Steph's a very clever bunny! I'd love to go to the Christmas market, maybe when things calm down at work I will do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet biscornu. Oh, the Wild Women are a nightmare to get photos of!lol. They either come out too dark or to light! I'm just glad you liked her ^_^
    I can't wait to see your Christmas craftbox makes.
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)