Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Monday 6 January 2014

2014 goals


Hello!
My blog posts really are like buses. You wait for ages then 3 come at once! 

I thought I'd share my goals for this year with you all. Last year seemed to be some what of a craft wilderness so I'm hoping for some more finishes this year. None of the projects on my 2013 list got done but at least I've started the sampler now. I did get my blackwork sampler done. It wasn't on the list but as I started it last January I have a feeling I should have put it on there. 

When I do march madness as part of theme-a-licious I might start doing the 2 giraffe ones then I can get them into my rotation as soon as slots open up. I'm great at a plan...not so great at the execution of it!

So here is my rather long list...

Bobbinate the giant bag of threads (approximately 125 still to do)

12 Christmas ornaments with the needlecraft haven monthly SAL

Finish all the WIP's or UFO'S in the basket - more on that in my first wipocalypse post next week. 

Start and finish anchor sampler. Here is a progress pic after my first week of rotation well 3 evenings anyway! 


Make lots of progress on my hexie quilt. 


Crochet my first ami and granny blanket

Do 24 cover kits!!! As you can see there is rather a large choice. That is only 2 a month so could easily be accomplished in smalls week of the rotation. 


So that could potentially be 50 projects! I only stitched 29 I think it was last year so this would almost double it!

All I can say is good thing I ordered 4 packets of needles today!!!

Since I started writing this (on the bus on the way home from work). Hubby has seen the Chinese dragon in the latest cross stitcher mag and wants me to stitch it too! 

I think I need more days in a year and hours in a day!!!!

10 comments:

  1. I have so many cover kits too. I need to start planning my stitching for the new year!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Looks like you're going to be pretty busy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your plans. I'll be joining you in the monthly ornie challenge at NH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all... I love the word bobbinate! I'm seriously going to pinch that!
    I've made a list of all my cover kits now too! I have a lot... I have a lot of kits... and supplies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great aims! I am doing the Crazy January Challenge (new start everyday) with cover kits...at least I'll have 15 done by the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab plans Kerry! I look forward to following your progress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My aim is just to do more stitching this year so I've already made a start on that haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought Andrew might like that dragon ^_^ That is an awesome plan. I hope you have fun with it. You have already done lots on your hexie blanket....a tad more than me for sure! ^_^
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad other people like the word "bobbinate", someone was rather sniffy about me using it on FB the other day!
    I have so many of those same cover kits. You will really be able to spot the difference in quality between the older ones and the newer ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)