Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Thursday 2 January 2014

Christmas makes and gifts

Hi everyone,
Happy new year to you all and hope 2014 is full of rich blessings for you all. 

 My crafty bug went on winter vacation in November and December so I only made a few bits. I made 2 reindeer and 5 of these little hexagon wreaths. I sent one each to Laura and Steph along with a reindeer, had one for my tree and my mum had 2. They were great for using up tiny scraps of Christmas fabric I had as they were only 1 inch hexagons. They're backed with coordinating sparkly felt and each finished with a charm and bow. I also made the brooch in the pic for Laura. 


Laura sent me this fabulous parcel of bits all wrapped separately so I had 7 presents to unwrap


I love the little button tree and the wooden ornament I'm guessing is from the Birmingham German market which I know Laura visited as we have 3 similar ones too from our visit in 2012! Laura also sent craft kits for my 2 kids too. 

Steph sent me these lovely gifts. Some she had made and others get very talented knitting Mum had made. 


Steph made mini Peppa and George for Lottie and her mum made flopsy bunny. Steph also sent Thomas horrible histories annual and a selection box. 


My hubby loves oriental dragons and a while back I found a pattern on etsy after seeing a pin about on Pinterest. I brought the pattern and Steph kindly crocheted it for him. 



Steph also sent me this gorgeous brooch


She also made Andrew a RAK too of the lonely mountain from The Hobbit.
 
 
I thought I'd share this gorgeous scarf I had too from my bestie - green with giraffes. Perfect for me!


I've signed up for wipocalypse and theme-a-licious this year so I'll be back to share my projects for that. Hopefully I can do a quick review of the year too. 

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend (well it's almost Friday)!



10 comments:

  1. Great exchange pieces! I love that map from The Hobbit - I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan. :D Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some gorgeous gifts, I'm in awe of the Hobbit Map. I love your tiny hexie wreaths too.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely gifts, and the little hexagon decorations are beautiful! :) xxx Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely gifts, I love the little reindeer! Wishing you all the best for the New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my pressies *hugs* Oh wow! Giraffe scarf!! Brilliant! oh yes.. meant to apologise for not making Thomas' present....my crafty energy went poop! Please tell him I am very sorry!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely lots of gifts. Also the things you made.
    Have a great new year.
    Hugs
    lilian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love my gifts, thank you so much! Esp. the hexagon wreath, so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Kerri just catching up on the blogging world , thanks for leaving a comment on my blog , as you saw my bookmark is coming in handy for the Harry potter read along , love the swaps you have done all the best for 2014

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh lovely goodies Kerry, the scarf looks lovely - I love the hexagon wreath idea - I might have to try and forage some scraps of fabric from somewhere and make some. Well done to all your makey friends as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)