Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Sunday 26 February 2012

A stroll in the woods

Hi everyone,
No crafting but I thought I'd share a few pics from our afternoon at the local country park.
We're very fortunate to have a lovely local wood and with it being such a beautiful spring day we went for a walk. When we got there they were having a Woodlands Alive! event where they had traditional woodland crafts and skills such as willow crafts and coppicing. The RSPB were there and Thomas made a bird feeder fat ball thing. The picture above shows one of the many carvings in the wood and here is Percy Pocketbug having a rest with the Owl.


My favourite of the carvings is this one below, He's slightly off the main track so we had to hunt for him a bit. He's somewhat 'loved' now but still a worthy photo.


I hope everyone had a lovely weekend, I'm off to finish a little pillow design I've been working on. Thanks for stopping by and reading. xx

3 comments:

  1. wow such lovely pictures..i love the tree with face so much..super cute..
    thank you for sharing..
    love for you cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos Kerry! Looks like you had a lovely time. Fab photo of Percy, hehe! And I love that tree man, looks like a 'green man' figure, wonderful! Hope Lottie is feeling a bit better. love Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Kerry. Hugs lilian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)