Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Valentines Day

Ok so I know that was yesterday but I won't tell you what time I finished Hubby's present last night. Lets say it made Valentines Day...just.

I made him a card, I'd not intended to make one, however when DS got struck down with Chicken Pox on Monday it put pay to me going out to get one. DS is very sad as he can't go to Holiday club this week with his friends and is missing play dates and a day out to the local Country Park to do one of their activity sessions.

So here is hubby's cards. Its a bit of freestyle embroidery on felt with our initals. There are 9 hearts in the design - one for each of the Valentines Days we've shared.
When you've all recovered from all that mushiness (bleugh). Here is the biscornu I made him. Hubby rather likes his dragons so this little design from CSC (Thank you Laura) with a little personalisation on the back. As the design was a central one a button for the middle wasn't right so I decided to put the little charms on the corners. He was over the moon with it, I said a few blogs ago that he wanted me to make him one and this seemed the perfect one for him.

And the bottom...



In other news I had a fabulous parcel from Laura yesterday too. It has a lovely little cross stitch kit, ribbon, stickers, gorgeous brads and a little bag of buttons and charms, I love the angel and cupcake charms, so sweet!


Here are all the buttons and charms. The top right charm on the biscornu was also in the bag...came just in time for the biscornu and fitted in perfectly.


I also won a giveaway on The Dotty One's blog, so those goodies will be with me soon and believe me they are amazing.  This week is turning in to a pretty good week for post as I have that to look forward to along with the ATC swaps.

I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day, I stitched whist eating my box of chocolates from hubby and watched Gilmore Girls. Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Happy valentine day deary,,
    Very sweet goodies,, everything is so lovely,,
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dragon biscornu, great stash and well done on your win x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant biscornu and beautiful card. Lots of lovely goodies too ^_^
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week you seem to be having Kerry but such a dissappointing one for the little one. Your card and gift to hubby are great.Lovely gift sent to you from Laura
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one gorgeous card Kerry! I love the idea of the hearts for each Valentines, I might have to borrow that for next year! The biscornu is fab, the charms work perfectly- glad the little heart one I sent came in handy! And glad you liked the other bits and bobs. I did look for oriental / dragon buttons but I couldn't see anything suitable, but your charm works perfectly on the back. Poor Thomas, hope he's feeling better soon! love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dragon biscornu is fab! And so much nicer to give homemade valentines cards and presents than spend money on the insane valentines industry!
    You do get lots of exciting post! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)