Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Wednesday 2 January 2013

First finish of 2013

Hi Folks

So here is the first finish of the year - a biscobud. This should have been my October Biscornu but as I got a bit behind my challenge to myself is to finish the last 4 over the next 2 weeks. I've no idea where the design came from or the finishing instructions. I saw a pic of one on line and hubby charted this version of it. I knew the dimensions from a random blog I read ages ago (May 12?) when searching for biscobud/pagoda patterns and make up instructions so the base square is 48x48 stitches and the top 24x24 so I'm guessing that as long as the ratios are the same you can do any size.

The sewing up was fiddly as I only went by pics I could find on line so I did go horribly wrong the first time although I should have taken a pic, named it and started a whole new style!

Here is the top view - stitched on 14ct sparkly aida with Dinky Dyes Luna Park thread.


It's slightly askew and I'm not sure whether I'd do another one but it's done and I'm pleased I attempted it. This is what the bottom look like.



So there you have it, my first finish for 2013!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Kerry. x


7 comments:

  1. looks great, happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at that! I've never even heard of these. It's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Great design by hubby! Can't wait to try this style! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new one form me, and I like it!! Anything to do with biscornu is just pure genious, so well done! Congrats on your first finish of the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet! I love the colours. Beautiful ^_^
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first Happy Dance! It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)