Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Sunday 13 January 2013

Ornaments, biscornu and a very small quilt

This is a bit of a random post as I've been wanting to write a blog post for a week and had nothing to share so here are a couple of bits, mostly christmassy still too but never the less here they are.

When we took our tree down last weekend I gathered all the handmade decorations and decided to photograph them all together,  here is my wonderful collection. There are 55 decorations made by me, Thomas and my fabulously talented friends.


I got my quilt out this week and sewed in a couple more hexagons. I decided to have a think how big I wanted to make it and here it is laid out on one of Lotties blankets.  As you can see I have an awful lot of work to do!

This is what I've been working on when I've not been too tired. It's one of the biscornu so I can finish off my challenge. It just needs sewing up now. It's one of Steph's and is first of many of her's that I intend to stitch.


I decided to do this one as the Santa reminded me of a little tree ornament we picked up at the local Victorian fayre.


Well that's the lot from me, I'll be back in a couple of days with my first Theme-a-licious update...it's all rather exciting!

Stay warm friends. xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh My Word...what a lot of lovely hand made ornaments for the tree. We only have about a dozen so I need to get a move on to catch you up :)

    I love your biscornu - really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collection of hand made decorations. I hope to add a few more to mine this year. I think it is lovely for each ornament to have a story behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at all those ornaments! That's a great collection. And that biscornu design is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i love the whole collection so much..from my heart..
    sweet biscornou..
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW they look fabulous! I spotted one or two of mine in there! Love the biscornu- look forward to seeing it made up- and you're well with your quilt...but maybe a little way to go yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! All of those lovely ornaments! That's brilliant ^_^ Your quilt will soon grow and it will be fun to watch it.
    Hey! Cool! The Xmas biscornu looks fab ^_^ I think you might be the first person to stitch one of my charts up ^_^
    I hope all is good.
    hugs for you
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely ornies from your tree, how can you bear to put them away?

    Catching up on my blog reading and just saw you suffer from M.E. You do some amazing crafting considering how much effort it must be to motivate yourself sometimes. Good for you, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)