Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Thursday 15 October 2015

October gifted gorgeousness

Well the 15th is rolled around again very quickly. So once again it is time for gifted gorgeousness. This SAL is run by Jo of serendipitous stitching. Each month we share what we been working on that is either a gift for someone or stitched using threads, fabric or finishing stuff gifted to us. 

Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that I rarely stitch for me usually for others so it's not always easy to find something that you haven't seen, especially as those who I regularly stitch for read my blog to so I can't get away with many WIP's. 

Anyhoo long ramble over, here is what I'm working on...


It is my in-laws Ruby wedding anniversary on Saturday so I've stitched been stitching them a little sampler. It's from a booklet I picked up many years ago, well at least 10 as I stitched them sampler from it for their Pearl anniversary. I got it for the bargain price of 20p! I think having stitched two of the designs I've probably had my money's worth! 


I did change the design slightly to enable me to personalise it and I shall put in an extra line towards the bottom to put the dates in. It's taken me about four hours to do that bit with at least half of that fighting with metallics and I still have two bands to stitch in the gold yet. I'm planning to just frame it quite simply with a gold frame. I'll try and get a pic of the other when I go up. I'd only been stitching about a year when I did the Pearl one. 

I was very lucky to have a lovely parcel of goodies from Steph this week. Steph sent me A cosy green scarf knitted by her mum, a Christmas mug, candle, Christmas craft magazine with some Dolly pegs to make one of the crafts and a lovely little stitched snowman which I believe is Barbara Anna design and a fizzy moon card just because I had set off the Christmas travelling box and mostly because Steph is a fabulously generous person. 


Here is a close-up of the card and snowman. 


So once this sample is finished for the in-laws I shall be finishing off Steph's birthday present and then Christmas crafting will be in full swing. 

Look forward to seeing what you've been doing with gifted gorgeousness. 

Byeeeeeee!!!!


7 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and pretty gifts from Steph! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice anniversary design and beautiful stitching.
    Your gift package from Steph was filled with some wonderful treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching and a great gift from Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The sampler for your in laws is lovely. I think it's great that it will co-ordinate with their pearl sampler. Hang on to the leaflet for Sapphire, Gold and Diamond anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching! Your in-laws will love it. Enjoy your goodies from Steph! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching! Glad you like the goodies,wanted to send you a "hug" in the post ^_^ It is entirely possibly I went a bit mad with the Christmassy power. lots of love XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching! I see did it again; some wonderful goodies!! :) She is so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)