Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Travelling craft box

Hello friends,

It's been a lovely day here, glorious sunshine has made it feel very spring like. As I was sat watching the children play in the garden I realised that I hadn't shared my makes and what I kept from when the travelling box visited last month. 

I made 8 items and took out 7 this time. I had a little assistance in choosing as usual! 

So my makes were...


I stitched a lot of things this time... My favourite was the friend cushion from a freebie I found on Pinterest. 


I changed the thread colours to match the beautiful fabric my friend gave me from the Downton Abbey fabric range and added the cotton lace trim and wooden wooden buttons. 

I stitched this little cameo and beaded the edge. It reminds me of a ring I have that was my Nan's. 


I stitched a chicken scratch butterfly. 


I also had a bit of an experiment with some felt and beads and made this necklace and matching earrings


I also made a crocheted flower brooch, a felt and stitched button brooch and embellished a bag with buttons and machine embroidery.

I'll share my travelling box picks in my next post. 

Happy crafting 
Kerry

Ps this was written a few days ago when the weather was actually nice. Today has been cold and grey. Brrrrr! 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely makes! Beautiful stitching - whoever picks these from the box is one lucky lady :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces, your finishes are lovely!! Real treasure box :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)