As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.
Wednesday, 23 January 2019
Saturday, 17 February 2018
Wednesday, 31 January 2018
It's been a busy old stitching month. Would you believe I didn't stitch on one gifted piece, hence no GG check in, but boy, did I get to work on those wips! You can see my 18 in 2018 chosen projects here., so let's speed ahead to my check in post for Measi's Wipocalypse
Monday, 8 January 2018
Happy New Year!!!!
As I said in my last blog, I'm taking part in the Year of WIPS as part of Soulful Stitching on the book of face. The challenge is to have a minimum of 15 wips of any size and complete at least half. This will also tie in nicely with Wipocalypse 2018 hosted by Measi which I'm doing again this year.
5. Spring Frills - Just Nan - Started 4th March 2017 - Target finish.
6. Blackwork Houses - Susan Penny in CrossStitcher 310 - Started 29th October 2017 - Target finish.
7. Garden Shed (Fancy Outhouse SAL) by Michael Powell - started 3rd December 2017 - Target finish.
8. Calendar SAL - Palko Lap Blog - Started 10th March 2017 - Target finish.
9. Tiny Christmas SAL - Armada Designs - Started 1st December 2017 - Target finish.
10. First Snow - Drawn Thread - Started 19th September 2017 - Target finish.
11. Winter Village - Stone Street Stitchworks - Started 26th December 2017 - Target finish.
14. Elizabeth Shephard - The Scarlet Letter - Started 31st December 2017 - Target 2/4 pages.
15. Celtic Cross - Textile Heritage - Started 7th January 2018 - Target finish.
Still to start before 18th January
18. Cityscape -London by Jody Rice of Satsuma Street (CSC 202) - All kitted up and ready to go - probably tonight! Target for a finish too
So as you can see I only intend to carry 2 forward into 2019, I am also doing a year of starts which includes 18 new starts for the year. These will be mostly small or medium charts from my collection of Bent Creek, Heart in Hand, Trilogy and Lizzie Kate and hopefully all the Main Street Series too. Most of these are partially kitted too so Stitch from Stash hosted by Stephanie (OhSewCrafty) (but on Facebook) is completely do-able too.
I hope 2018 is a fantastically stitchy crafty year for you all.
Wednesday, 27 December 2017
It's been 2 months since I blogged and I'm sorry I didn't post link ups for theme-tas-stitch, life has been so hectic due to work, family, college and all the other things that take up time in the run up to Christmas. I hardly stitched during November as I decided to do the School Christmas Fair and did my usual thing of making 100 felties in a month. (+40-odd pairs of earrings). I did make time for Flosstube - I guess that is still a new and shiny thing so still holds my attention, and is easier than blogging believe it or not!
Saturday, 21 October 2017
Break out the bling - stitch with beads, charms, metallics or on sparkly fabric.A bit of a challenge for me this one as I have lots of projects that could fall into this but aren't necessarily blinged up yet!
I was reading my post from last month's TTS and realised that I didn't actually show the tree keeper from The Drawn Thread. It was stitched on some random fabric that was actually the piece from the kit up next. It has way more beads than were called for, but hey, it's a Christmas ornament it needs bling!
No X November -
Blackwork, Hardanger, pulled thread or speciality stitches the choice is yours or maybe it's time to tackle the backstitch on some of those almost finished projects.I have more ideas for this month than stitching hours in the day so we'll just have to see how well I do. I plan to start the black work lady from walks, finish the half stitch on my giraffe silhouette and have a new Christmas start as part of #santasundayxs on Instagram. November is a very busy month for us so no X November could well be no stitching at all Eek. I'm back on the PTA at school so I could end up making felties all of November too...
Happy stitching friends. Have a great weekend.