Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Wednesday 31 January 2018

WIPocalypse January check in

Hey folks,

It's been a busy old stitching month. Would you believe I didn't stitch on one gifted piece, hence no GG check in, but boy, did I get to work on those wips! You can see my 18 in 2018 chosen projects here., so let's speed ahead to my check in post for Measi's Wipocalypse




I started stitching the London scene by Jody Rice of Satsuma Street. featured in Cross Stitch Crazy issue 202. They are mini versions of her pretty little series. It was a bit like mastermind...I've started so I'll finish! Hubby loves it and wants me to stitch the others from the magazine too. I've finished it for now as a canvas finish.




Stone Street Stitchworks is fast becoming one of my favourite designers and this was a little freebie from their Facebook group called Sweet Heart. It is stitched in a 4 ply variegated thread from 21st Century Yarns and framed in a little thrift store frame. 



Lastly for my Wipocalypse projects is the calendar SAL from Palko Lap - a Hungarian blogger. I've almost finished it. Here's where I was Sunday. December is now coming along nicely too! I'm gonna sneak a finish today as I need the Stitch From Stash credit!



This months question is... What SAL’s are you participating in this year? and If you are participating in the Olympic Stitching Challenge, what challenge are you accepting?  What are your goals?

I'm a sucker for a SAL and I'm doing a few over various groups:

Stitch Maynia: - Winter Olympics SAL, Year of Starts, Maynia and any designer ones I can fit current projects to.

Soulful Stitching: Year of WIPS

Blogs: Gifted Gorgeousness & of course, Wipocalypse!

There are a few hashtag SAL's I'll probably pick up as the year rolls on too. I still have to finish my Michael Powell design for #Fancyouthousesal 

As for the  Olympic Stitching Challenge - I have picked 7 or 8 wips that fit all the categories in Maynia so I'll be doing the Rotation Relay! As for goals - progress - that is all! 

Happy stitching friends. 

6 comments:

  1. Great stitching Kerry, love the dark fabric piece the colours are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the London, no wonder DH wants you to stitch the others too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the little heart design! Good luck with your SAL's this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Mini London is so sweet. I am pleased that you are planning the other two.
    Nice range of SALs for the year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Satsuma street design! What's this olympic challenge? I haven't seen anything about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some nice projects for the WIPocalypse. And good luck with your SALs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)