Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Tuesday 8 May 2012

ATC's and a bit of stash shopping

Helloooo Friends,
Well my first blog for 3 weeks and the first with the new blogger layout which to put it mildly was a tad confusing.

Things have been a little crazy over the last couple of weeks. I started to do my April biscornu and then what with one thing and another including a new job for hubby, both children having birthdays and then illness, crafting has rather taken a back seat.
The main problem I have is a lack of things to show you at the moment as I made my ATC's for Laura, but I'm yet to post them so they will be staying firmly under wraps for a few more days. I did make up some other ones too which are below...



I brought a copy of the mag 'Simply Homemade' as I liked the look of the cross stitch on the cover, anyhoo, I came across an article on french knitting, my grandad made me a dolly 20 odd years ago and it has moved craft boxes and houses, lived in the loft and the garage. So I dug it out and here is the make from the mag and I must say I'm rather pleased with how it has turned out. I have started a cross stitch pattern from it too so I'll show that as soon as I have finished it.


I've discovered a great little aladdin's cave of a craft shop on the other side of town, a friend told me about it so I decided to check out Crafty Mo's and  she stocks merino tops for needle felting which I was over the moon about, I also picked up a couple of odds and ends too. I also had a great little find in The Works today - a stitchable Journal, it has a little perforated paper section on the cover  and cost £1.99, it came with all the threads and a little sheet of perforated paper with a geometric design on to copy and in a nice box box that I might decopatch at a later point.




Lovely new Merino wool tops.


Well thats about it for now, hopefully I'll be able fill you in on the ATC swap at the end of the week. Thanks for stopping by. x

2 comments:

  1. Wow love that little brooch! I can't understand how you managed to make it, but it's gorgeous! Lovely ATCs- the mermaid is stunning! Will you put them in for Heather's swop this month? I'm not joining in any of the CB swops this month as I just haven't had a minute :-( There's a Works in Oxford, I'll have to keep a look out for the stitching journal! The merino wool is beautiful- how will you use it? I'm not sure I totally understand needle felting?! I'll send you a fb message or email later today... love Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo! I got that mag too and loved the french knitting bit. I got my knitting bee out today so I can have a go later ^_^ Gorgeous ATCs, Nessie does look fab ^_^
    Lovely stash of goodies too. Look forward to seeing what you make with it all.
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)