Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Monday 16 April 2012

A little catch up

Hi everyone,
I hope that you have all had a lovely Easter. My lot are on the last day of the hols. I'm pleased to say all the homework is done and bedrooms are almost tidied. I just need to iron the uniform and pop to tesco for the packed lunch stuff. I'm sure that is enough about my domestic arrangements so on to the crafting.

I had a commision for Black Pear - a kitty keyring, now I'm not a cat person so this was quite hard for me to do. anyway here he or is it a she is. I wanted to use safety eyes but couldn't get any locally so I cheated and used black brads, It'll be fine as a its for a (late) teenager. The ribbon was lilac and the ears and nose a pale pink, as they seem to have come out white in the picture.


The back was personalised for the birthday girl. 


I was a bit late getting my ATC's done for this month but it's great to know that I have a couple of spare ones now. As you can see I've not made them up yet but I will do when I do May's themed ones (Birds and Jubilee/Royalty). I've picked the designs for them so I WILL meet the May deadline!!! I must remember to stock pile some stamps too! The mermaid was from an issue of Crazy and the Loch Ness Monster from WOXS. The theme was fantasy (or fanta-sea) as I've renamed it)

The two flowers were from the recent WOXS chart booklet


I started work on the April Biscornu over the weekend and I decided to try stitching the square outlines first, I must say it was a good way to do it and something I'll probably do again. The design is a Kincavel Krosses one, but I'll say more when it's done.

Mum liked the yellow rose biscornu I made for her, I remembered to give it to her on Saturday. She was impressed by the neatness!

Well, time to get on, a woman's work is never done and I want to spend some time stitching this afternoon as I have a job application to finish as soon as the little darlings go to bed tonight.

Thanks for stopping by. xx

4 comments:

  1. Your ATCs are brilliant, especially Nessie! And your feltie cat is lovely, the brads worked really well for the eyes.
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ATCs! I recognise that mermaid! I stitched a couple of designs from that library too :) The brads work well for the eyes, I can point you in the direction of places to get safety eyes if you need to... Love the cat, congrats on getting a commission! Hope Thomas gets off to school okay today and you all enjoyed the Easter hols. Love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cat Kerry - I love the little bell! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great atc designs :-) Love the kitty too, the eyes look good to me. Well done on getting a commission!

    Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)