Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Saturday 7 July 2012

Odds n ends, Laura's birthday, Bessie and Star


Hello friends,

I hope you all are having a lovely weekend. It's been a mixed weekend for us so far. I had a lovely meal with lots of friends from church last night to hear about a project that one of our Interns is going to be doing for the next year at least. Jennie is going to live in Northern Thailand and work in a Childrens home called Kid's Life. The story of the home is amazing and Jennie loves to do creative projects with them and one of the ideas is to make charm bracelets with the girls. They have a creativity hut that aims to teach skills to the children. I will be making up a parcel of beads and findings to send out with Jennie when she goes in August, If anyone would like to pass on any unwanted beads, I'd love to be able to add them to the parcel.

Here goes with the weeks creativity... I made up the Dragon for Hubby

Dragon wall hanging
Hubby has also been making things himself and made a couple of cool beaded wristbands. Here is the first one he made. 
Hubby's beaded wristband
I got asked a few weeks ago to do a jewellery party for a friends daughter's 9th birthday. It was loads of fun to do. The girls did really well and made some very pretty necklaces and bracelets. I didn't take any photos, but I'd love to do another party like that.




As many of my blog readers will also read Laura's blog too, they will know she celebrated her birthday last week and here is the parcel of goodies I sent her.
My son came up with the idea of this little mouse, he picked the colours and the ribbon and helped to stuff it too. The lilac bag contains a bronzed earrings,necklace and bracelet. The blue bag a little stretchy bracelet made by Thomas using indian glass beads. I also made Laura a needle felted Russian doll keyring.
(sorry the picture is a little fuzzy).

I also made Laura a biscornu using a pattern from here. I found a little coloured dragonfly charm in my stash that was perfect.
And here is the bottom...

Here is the card, A blackwork design I first saw on Pinterest and downloaded from here


As usual I added a few bits to the box including a bag of charms that kind of represented Laura including Harry Potter ones, Medieval, sewing and some ones that I just liked! There were also bags of beads.


I also popped in the bottom a couple of bits and bobs I'd picked up over a few weeks. I love the London bus stress ball.


I have one more picture to share today that is in memory of my Mum's dog Star who died today.


And his sister Bessie who died a year ago this month too.

Sorry to end on a sad note but they were much loved but both lived to grand ages of 16 and 15 respectively. My next blog post will all be about the travelling craft box that will be departing my house this week to head north to Lori!

Thanks for reading my very, very long post. Much love to you all. xx

3 comments:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH again for all my birthday goodies! I was about to post pics on my blog this morning and then my camera battery died! Whoops. I'll post tomorrow though. Really sorry to hear about your Mum's dog. Hugs. I could definitely send out some beads and things for the project, sounds brilliant. Let me know when you'd want to have them by. Can't wait to see what you've made/kept from the craft box!! lots of love and thank you again!! Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and meant to add, very impressed with your hubby's bracelet! It's great when you can get them crafting! :-) T's already chosen his next cross stitch kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your Mum's dog.Sending hugs.
    The dragon wall hanging looks amazing. So many beautiful gifts for Laura, all gorgeous especially the biscornu and little doll. I can make up a bundle of beads. Let me know when you want them and any kind of beads? what about bells and charms too?
    happy hugs
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)