Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Thursday 21 September 2017

Theme-Tas-Stitch September Link up post

Hey Friends,

I'm sorry for the lack of posting and blog reading over the last few weeks. A bit of ill health put pay to the stitchy bug for a few weeks, but here is this month's Theme-Tas-Stitch.


 September Smalls -
What is the smallest stitch in your stash? Show us your smalls!

In my last post I talked about my plans for September smalls. I planned to do a whole host of of the free charts from The Drawn Thread and have a couple of starts of big projects. So get ready for a whole host of photos cos the girl done good! I've not had chance to make up all of them but here they are...


My favourite is tree keeper

And I've made up Autumn and pumpkin keepers ready for my Autumn display. The Autumn keeper is hanging on the picture frame and the pumpkin keeper is in the middle. 


I also was chatting on Instagram about blackwork and decided to stitch a couple of biscornu. I had a couple of tiny scraps of the fabric left so I stitched two tiny biscornu too and they measure less than an inch each.



I ran out of fray check and I'm too lazy to baste the edges of my fabric so I haven't started Elizabeth Shepard yet, but I did get a small start on the City Landscape from WOXS 251. I'm loving this and plan to stitch the current page of the chart which is basically 2 more houses and the tops of the two skyscrapers behind. By that point the fray check should be here and I will start ES!!


Opulent October -
Break out the bling - stitch with beads, charms, metallics or on sparkly fabric.
I don't have a clue about this one so I'll have to come up with something. 

Link up here and show us what you've been up to. 


You can now find me on Instagram as Kerry_in_stitches and I also made my first flosstube video too - my channel is Kerry_in_stitches there too! Pop over and say hi! 

Happy stitching friends

11 comments:

  1. Sorry you have not bern well. What beautiful stitching and autumn display. I love the blackwork biscornus on the hand dyed fabric. Just yesterday one of my Indian cross stitcher friend was asking about what to use biscornus for! I said not everything handmade should be useful, its the process of making we like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better now.
    Love the biscornus.. big and small :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blackwork biscornus. They are so beautiful and I love the fabric. The rest of your smalls are equally beautiful. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read that you have been ill. I hope that you are on the mend now.
    Very nice stitching that you show here. I love your tiny bisconus, just perfect for this month's theme. I don't want to imagine how difficult it must have been to stitch them together. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Drawn Thread smalls and the gorgeous fabrics for the biscornu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're ok now. Lovely autumn display, very inspiring. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your biscornu are so tiny! I love them all, big and small. Lovely small stitching this month. Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better and love the teeny biscornu! I finally have my post up, http://tiffstitch.blogspot.com/2017/09/very-late-theme-tas-stitch-and-feeling.html

    Nice start on the bigger project too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you've made a full recovery by now! Your teeny tiny biscornu are awesome! Stitching them together must've been quite the challenge. You've already got bling on your biscornu, does that count for the next one too? :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your autumn collection looks super.
    Hope you are feeling much better now.
    Teeny tiny biscornu, that must have been really fiddly to put together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)