Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Monday 9 April 2012

Finally some finishes

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all having a nice Easter, It's rather wet in my part of the world, which is disapointing as we were hoping for a walk today. So instead we're continuing family movie weekend (we've watched Hop, Mary Poppins, Enchanted and now Chicken Little with Flushed away and maybe a full Wallace and Gromit run through later too) and hopefully, I'll get a bit of stitching in too as I need to start my ATC's for this month and get them in the post ideally by Wednesday. Nothing like stitching to a tight deadline is there. 3 of them are my choice and 2 are fantasy themed. The fantasy ones will be a bit of a challenge as it's not something I stitch very often. I have a couple of ideas but I will leave that one until last.

So on to the biscornu...
I did get them finished although I miscounted on the bottom of the rose design by one square all round so instead of unpicking and restitching, I just started again and now I have a spare base for another one at another time.

Firstly the Yellow rose biscornu for Mum

The design was slightly adapted from a Woman's Weekly pincushion designed by Helen Phillips. I put a simple pattern on the base corners an attached a rose charm to the corner. I didn't quite get it done before I went over to Mums, but it's all done now and I can give it to her on Wednesday.

Here is the March one...


The design is from the chart booklet from the latest WOXS and stitched with the Madeira threads. The lovey bead in the middle is one Laura sent me a while back and worked perfectly. The bottom was done with a simular corner design to the Yellow rose biscornu but I added 4 buttons to give a bit extra. I wasn't sure how they would look, but I'm really pleased with how they look.


So this brings me another post nearer my giveaway, so I need plenty of encouragement (and badgering) to get stuff done, as the more I finish, the nearer to my 100 posts giveaway. Steph over at Show and Tell is having an amazing giveaway too... you can find it here.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday. xxxx


8 comments:

  1. Stunning biscornus, I love them all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog! Lovely biscornus especially your march one, that's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous biscornu! And doesn't that flower bead look fabulous! Well done :-) love Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, i like it.
    Corina from germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo lovely finishes! I'm always miscounting the biscornu borders too :-)

    Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the biscornu's. its been sometime since I made one.
    Hugs
    lilian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your biscornu! Your March one is particularly beautiful! Lovely beading and just very very pretty.And I love the yellow roses one as I too love yellow roses.
    Great sounding movie marathon too! I've still not seen Hop, it's on my 'Too watch' list ^_^
    Sending hugs ^__^
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)