Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Saturday 7 January 2017

Don't look back in anger...

Hello friends,

So after a rather long blogging hiatus back as we very unexpectedly moved house at the end of October. I now feel I am unpacked, settled and ready to start stitching again. I am looking forward to catching up on all of my favourite blogs, So I'll be round slowly to see what you've all been up to.

At the end of my last post I had been running a giveaway to celebrate my Blogversary. Well I don't believe in promising things that I won't come through with so better late than never and in my next post I'll draw the winners and also for my end of year competition that I sent last January. I also ran a competition to guess biscornu's in my bowl and how many I'd stitch in 2016. I'll announce that too.

I'm not going to have a big looking back on 2016 post as I didn't finish masses so here are a few of the year's highlights.



The ABC SAL run by Ele


Laura's Birthday featuring Dragons from Dragon Dreams and a sign from Cross Stitcher


The Anchor Traditional Sampler - Approximately 2/3 done

There are a few bits I haven't shared and apologies for it getting a bit Christmassy now. I did the school Christmas fair and made 73 felties, 26 brooches and 18 pairs of earrings in 3 weeks, not bad considering we were still finishing the unpacking too.




Here is my eldest at my stall.


Having a dining room in the new house and the twiggy tree from my display called for a bit of decorating so here are lots of our handmade decs on the tree. Laura kindly made me some extra crocheted sweets to go on and we added a few of my new felties too.


The gingerbread house we all made.


Christmas trees at the Christmas tree festival at the Cathedral - one by Age UK featuring the Innocent hats and a second by the Embroiders Guild who were apparently given a template and told to use red and gold only - it was so creative.


We visited Clearwell Caves in Gloucestershire to see santa and they had a story for the children through the caves which featured some fantastic scenes made of felt and giant felt decorations on Christmas trees.


So to you all Happy New Year and blessings for 2017



10 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back blogging x Loving your stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back. Those caves look anazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crafting looks wonderful and the caves sound like a great place to spend some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back. You have been missed. Lovely creations for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you back. I would say a house move and all those felt ornies have kept you very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you back blogging. Can you send me your new address please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to read you again! You're well and that's the main thing. Glad the move went well and fantastic job on all the handmade school goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stall looks fabulous, I bet customers were thrilled with your beautiful craftwork.
    Happy New Year to you Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work on everything, and I hope your felted ornaments did well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Christmas makes! Happy New Year :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)