Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Friday 27 January 2017

Smalls SAL - January check in

Hello friends,
Well I can't believe January is almost out already so it's time to check in with the Smalls Sal hosted by Heather at Stitching Lotus. The idea is simple - we stitch and finish a small piece of work - what we deem small is up to us. This month I have 2 little finishes for you...


The first is this little tree decoration made by Tiger which was a gift to me from my friend Lauren at These City Days. I added the back stitch and beads as I wanted to give it a bit more of a snowy feel.


The second is this pair of earrings from Cross Stitcher. They were the January cover kit and stitched on plastic Aida which was new to me. I was incredibly frugal with the aida so I have enough to stitch 2 more pairs - that'll be my Feb and March smalls sorted as they've become my bus/travel project. 


I hope you've all had a good stitching filled month. My stitchy bug wandered off this week but I think I might just hit my wipocalypse target...Sunday will tell.  

Tuesday sees the start of theme-tas-stitch. I think I've made a decision about which pieces to do. I've also got to make a little gift this week too so I hope my stitchy bug comes back as I need
it! 

Have a great weekend. 

11 comments:

  1. Nice finishes! Always an extra bonus when what you stitch can be used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finishes are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both finishes look great, I love your added snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, your little smalls for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Small Finishers - the earrings are perfect for a stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those earrings are great! What a good idea....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool finishes and always nice to have them fully finished too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)